Smartcat can send money to verified PayPal accounts only. If you add a non-verified PayPal account as your preferred method of getting payments we’ll notify you.
To verify your account, please use one of the methods described below.
1. Link your bank account or debit card to PayPal.
2. Confirm your identity with identifying documents.
Here’s how to do it.
Linking a bank account or debit card on a computer
1. Open PayPal in your browser.
Log in or sign up to your account if you aren’t already.
2. Navigate to your Account.
- Click Link a card or bank.
- Select the type of account you want to link. You can confirm your PayPal account by linking either a checking account or debit card. You can link both, but only one is needed to verify your PayPal account.
If you don't have a bank account or debit card, verify your account by providing proof of identity via a government-issued ID, such as a passport or driver’s license.
3. Select your bank.
- To link a bank account: click your bank in the list. If it’s not there, type it into the search bar at the top.
- To link a debit card: choose the issuing bank from the list, or select Debit or credit card to enter the card details manually.
4. Enter your bank account or debit card information.
- To link a bank account: sign into your bank to connect, or manually enter your routing number and account number. You can find this information on your checks and in your bank statement. Click Agree and Link to finalize.
- To link a debit card: sign into your card provider, or manually enter the card number, expiration date, 3-digit CVC code, and any other requested information. Click Link Card to finalize.
5. Check your bank transactions for two deposits from PayPal.
Within three business days of adding your bank account information, PayPal will make two small deposits into your account. Use these small deposits to complete the verification.*
*Some banks may lump the two small deposits into one. If this happens, you won't be able to verify your account and will need to contact PayPal.
6. Complete verification using your two deposits.
- Log in to PayPal and click the Wallet tab.
- Click your bank information.
- Click Link your bank another way.
- Enter the exact amounts of the two small deposits.
- Click Submit.
Verification of a PayPal account will take around 2 to 3 days. If it takes longer, please contact PayPal help in your country, for assistance.
If you have any questions about payments, payout methods, or job statuses, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you.