Smartcat allows editing translation memories that you import or create from scratch.
- To edit translation memory information:
Go to your Linguistic assets and select the translation memory you want to edit from the list.
- Click Edit, and change the information such as translation memory name, project, client, etc.
- Click Save once done.
To edit translation memory content:
- Go to your Linguistic assets -> Translation memories -> TM Editor.
- Select the language pair and enter the text you want to edit (any word or phrase). Click Browse results.
- Review the search results and carry out the required changes.
- To learn the source of each displayed segment, click TM. In the tab that opens you’ll see information about the translation memory that the segment belongs to as well as the previous and following segments. You can also remove the segment by clicking on the bin icon in this tab.
- To edit the translation of the segment, click on the pencil icon, change translation and confirm the segment to save.