Smartcat supports 80+ file formats, including XLIFF 1.2 and 2.0. These are particularly useful for translating courses made on the CAP (Course Authoring Platform) Articulate Rise 360.
Discover the benefits of translating XLIFF files with Smartcat.
Here's a breakdown how to translate a XLIFF file on the Smartcat translation platform:
1. Export the XLIFF file from your e-learning course or other source. If you're using Articulate Rise to create training courses, we've written article that details the four steps to easily and effectively translating an Articulate Rise course.
2. Next, sign in to your Smartcat account and select Translate a document.
3. Select the source and target languages, and upload your files for translation.
4. Select Translate Files.
5. Wait while the system extracts the text from your XLIFF file and translates it. This should take less than a minute. When the translation is complete, click on the download icon to download the translated XLIFF files to your computer.
6. To post-edit the automatic translations:
- Option 1: Select Review in Editor from the dropdown menu where you will be able to edit the texts in easy-to-follow “strings” (segments of texts extracted from the file and updated in real-time, “put back” into the translated course in the exact text placement." You can also learn about how to use our Editor in the Smartcat Collaborative TMS.
- Option 2: You can also hire a translator from our Smartcat Marketplace that uses AI sourcing to instantly match you with the right pre-vetted linguist based language pairs, specializations, and availability. Do this by clicking on Get professional review.
- For both options, select Done to approve the edits.
7. When you're done reviewing the AI instant translations, select Download the get the XLIFF downloaded onto your computer.
8. If you need the XLIFF file for a course, you can can then upload the XLIFF translation into the Course Authoring Program (like Articulate Rise) that you currently use.
Still have more questions? Check out some of our related Help Center articles listed below in “Related articles."